Job vacancy - Warm & Well Activity Coordinator
PLA/190 – PEC Case Worker (Warm & Well Activity Coordinator)
Based at Ballard House, West Hoe Road, Plymouth
Fixed term until 31 March 2020 37 Hours per week Grade E (£21,745 to £23,935)
We are looking for an Activity Coordinator for our Big Lottery funded project, Warm and Well a programme to tackle fuel poverty and improve the circumstances and well-being of disabled residents in Plymouth.
This landmark project will work with volunteers to reach 3500 residents with physical and mental health needs, learning disabilities or long term illness, through community outreach events and services that you will coordinate.
This is a varied role that includes:
- Training volunteers and partners
- Home visits to give advice on energy use, comfort and lowering fuel bills
- Income maximisation, including benefit checks
- Project management of physical work to prevent damp and cold homes.
Successful candidates will be employed as Plymouth City Council employees, under a service level agreement with Plymouth Energy Community.
Please contact us if you are:
- Passionate about supporting people to improve their own circumstances
- Approachable, positive and enjoy working with people of all backgrounds
- Experienced in case work, particularly with vulnerable adults
- Able to meet targets and maintain a high level of customer service
This is an exciting opportunity in which you can make a real difference to people’s lives. If you like what you have read, we’d love to hear from you.
The Disclosure & Barring Service Check requirement for this post is: Enhanced Check + DBS Adults Barred List (previously known as CRB Check)
This position is suitable for job share.
For more information, or an informal discussion, please call Clare Mains on 01752 307247 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
TO APPLY: Please go straight to the Plymouth City Council employment page plymouthcitycouncil.engageats.co.uk.
We are also recruiting for a Project Manager for the Warm and Well programme, please click here to view the position description.
Closing date: Tuesday 30 August 2016
Commenting is closed for this article.|