Warm up your home!
Grants are available to help qualifying Plymouth residents receive new home energy improvement measures. It’s paid for by energy companies under the government’s ‘Energy Company Obligation’ scheme; aiming to help homes use less energy to stay warm. It doesn’t matter which energy company you are registered with, as long as you meet the eligibility criteria. Grants can help to fund replacements to heating systems and insulation in your home.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for help you need to:
- Own your own home or rent from a private landlord (permission of the landlord may be required)
- Receive one of the following benefits or tax credits:
- Pensions Credit Guarantee Credit Element
- Income-related employment and support allowance (ESA)
- Income-based jobseeker’s allowance (JSA)
- Income support
- Child Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Have a household income of less than £30,000 once energy and housing costs have been taken into account and live in a property rated D or below or be considered vulnerable to the cold due to health conditions.
I’m eligible, what happens next?
The Energy Company Obligation’s last phase ended in October 2018 and there is a short pause where new contracts and arrangements are finalised. Plymouth Energy Community are working with installers working in this area to understand their offers and what will be best for Plymouth residents.
Once we have partnered with installers, we hope they will begin to survey properties from January 2019. To join our waiting list for a free survey, please call 01752 477117 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.