We support anyone with a physical disability, mental health need or learning disability to stop their home making their physical or mental health worse…
In June 2016, the Big Lottery gave us almost £500,000 to use for 4 years to help disabled people in Plymouth stay warm and well.
3000 people talked to us about the problems they have. Here are some of the most common:
- Not enough money to pay fuel bills
- Debt to energy suppliers and others
- Cold homes that are not insulated – they cost a lot to heat and lose the heat quickly
- Damp and black mould on walls and ceilings
- Feeling that they don’t know enough to change supplier or lower bills
What we can do to help
- Visit your home to see what you’re having difficulty with
- Look at ways to save money by switching supplier or using energy better
- See if you can get more money. The government has a grant called the Warm Home Discount. You might also be able to claim some benefits that you haven’t so far
- Make changes. We can treat damp, stop draughts or see if a new heating system would help
- Ask more organisations to help. We can organise all sorts of help for both your home and your wellbeing
Contact us now
Get in touch with our friendly team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01752 477117.