Warm up your home!
We are working in partnership with several installers to help qualifying Plymouth residents to receive new home energy improvement measures. The grants available will substantially reduce the cost of improvements and many people will be able to access them for free.
These improvements include loft insulation, cavity wall insulation, replacement storage heaters, and replacement gas boilers.
What’s the deal?
Funding is available on a first-come, first-served basis. It’s paid for by energy companies under the governments ‘Energy Company Obligation’ scheme; aiming to help homes use less energy to stay warm. It doesn’t matter which energy company you are registered with,as long as you meet the eligibility criteria.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for help you need to:
- Own your own home or rent from a private landlord (permission of the landlord may be required) AND ALSO
- Qualify or live with someone who qualifies in either section A, B or C below:
A Receive one of the following benefits:
- Pensions Credit Guarantee Credit Element
- Income-related employment and support allowance (ESA)
- Income-based jobseeker’s allowance (JSA)
- Income support
OR B Receive Tax Credits
On the condition that the household’s relevant income does not exceed the amount set out in the table below:
OR C Receive Universal Credit
On the condition that the household’s relevant income in any of the preceding 12 assessment periods does not exceed the amount set out in the table below:
If you ARE NOT on the benefits listed, you could still be eligible for help under Plymouth City Council’s ECO flex scheme. To be considered for this you need to:
- Have a household income of less than £30,000 once energy and housing costs have been taken into account
- Live in a property rated D or below on the energy performance certificate
- Be considered vulnerable to the cold (this could be because of health conditions )
I’m eligible, what happens next?
If you meet the above criteria and your home needs loft insulation, cavity wall insulation, replacement storage heaters or a replacement gas boiler, please call the numbers below to arrange a free survey of your property.
- Loft insulation and cavity wall insulation (with our partners E.ON) 01752 477997
- Replacement storage heaters (with our partners Easy Grant) 01752 874170 or visit their website
- Replacement gas boilers (with our partners JJ Crump and Son) 01752 477990
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01752 477 117.